Huishan Ancient Town Scenic Area, Jiangsu province
（惠山古镇景区 huì shān gǔ zhèn jǐng qū）
Address:18 Baoshan Street, Liangxi district, Wuxi city, Jiangsu province
Scenic Spot Level: AAAAA
Opening Hours: 8:00-16:00 (Last ticket sold at 15:30)
Ticket Price: Package ticket: 70 yuan ($9.91)/person
1. Tickets are available online at www.chinahuishan.com or through the WeChat public account (ID: Xihuipark).To ensure smooth entry, please place your order before 7:00 am on the day of your visit.
2. Online reservations need to be picked up from the ticket office or the self-service ticket machine before entering.
3. Tickets are valid on the same day, and must be re-purchased after leaving.
4. To ensure smooth collection and admission, please fill in your real name, valid mobile phone number and other relevant information when booking online.
5. Once the tickets are booked, no rescheduling is allowed.
6. All medical workers and their spouses and children can enjoy free tickets to Huishan Scenic Area until Dec 31, 2020.
Huishan Ancient Town Scenic Area is a combination of Xihui Park (Xihui Scenic Area) and Huishan historic and cultural street. It covers 3.5 square kilometers, with a 1.09 sq km core area, and is divided into four scenic areas: the cultural relics and historic sites area, Xihui scenic area, Huishan historic and cultural street area, and the mountain forest conservation area.
The 200 scenic spots in Huishan Ancient Town Scenic Area showcase a vista of mountains, rivers and forests, and also contain numerous cultural relics and traditional cultural resources with thousands of years of history. Of these, there are 23 cultural relics protection units at or above municipal level. The area is honored as the city's outdoor history museum and the people's spiritual home.
Popular scenic sites include Liangzhu Culture Ruins of Xishan Ancestors, the place where the Lord of Chunshen watered his horse in the Warring States Period (475-221 BC),Huishan Temple Garden which dates from the Southern and Northern Dynasties(420-581), the Second Best Spring in Vast World from the Tang Dynasty (618-907), the Ancient Jinlian Bridge from the Song Dynasty (960-1279), the ancient Garden of Lodging One's Expansive Feelings (Jichangyuan)from the Ming Dynasty(1368-1644), Yugong Valley, and A Bing's Tomb Park, as well as 108 ancestral halls and gardens dating from between the Tang Dynasty and the Republic of China (1912-49). It also contains the China Rhododendron Garden. The Huishan historic and cultural street shows the charm of the ancient water township. The local specialty, Huishan clay figurines, and the Huishan Temple Fair, reveal its ancient folk customs.
All these attractions embody the lingering charms of ancient water towns by the mountains in the Jiangnan region (a geographic area to the south of the lower reaches of the Yangtze River), as well as the culture that people have brought to the place. Emperor Qianlong (r. 1736-95) said that "only Huishan Mountain appears elegant, leisurely and quiet" - and that is why it is regarded as the most splendid cultural highlight of this scenic area.
Huishan clay figurines have a recorded history of 400 years. The clay is suitable for craftsmen to sculpt vivid figurines with colorful paints. The most iconic Huishan clay figurine is the lovable pair of baby dolls called 'Da A Fu', which represents a hard-working spirit, kindness, happiness and a helpful personality. [Photo/Sipa]
Last Updated: Apr 26, 2020